Here are some quick and easy tips that could help minimize stress and bring more joy to your life:
1. If you feel stressed out or you're having negative thoughts, stop and take a deep breath. Now, think of some things you are thankful for. There are always things to be thankful for. Focusing on the positive is a way to stop the bad habit of negative thinking. Allow thankfulness to trample over grumpiness.
2. Help someone else out. It feels good to do something nice for others. And when we stop focusing on ourselves and focus on others and how we can help them, it minimizes our own problems. Having a giving heart produces joy!
3. Do things you love. And if you have forgotten what you love, I've heard that you should think back to when you were a child. For example, if you loved art projects when you were little you may love doing something artsy or crafty as an adult. Doing things you love lets the child in you come out; the real you comes to life. This is freeing!
4. Ever hear that laughter is the best medicine? I think there is truth to that. If you're feeling blue sometimes a good laugh is just what you need. Find humor in the simple things of life. There's a Proverb that says "A cheerful heart is a good medicine".
5. Try working out. This can be a major stress-reducer. Not only is it good for your physical health, it improves your mood, your self-confidence, and gives you more energy. Even a quick work out is good. For example, a 20 minute walk. Exercise is great for your heart and your mentality.
6. Be loved! Many times we have a hard time allowing ourselves to be loved. Learn how to accept compliments, accept gifts and love from others. Cherish the moments, let people love you, and remember all gifts of love come from above. Embrace the love that comes your way!