Saturday, May 15, 2010

Learning to Trust

Yesterday Bunny started thumping his foot in his cage. It makes a really loud noise, almost like a hammer pounding. He looked scared. We had no idea what he was thumping his foot about. Rabbits usually thump their foot when they are super scared or mad. Or to send a warning signal. So I opened his cage to pet him and comfort him. I said "Bunny, you have NOTHING to worry about. You are safe in your home. You are going to be okay." Then I thought to myself..."Oh, maybe that's what you want to say to me God, that I have nothing to worry about." So, I guess I should take my own advice. I have been stressed out and worried lately. I listened to a Joyce Meyer CD this week on worry. She said the opposite of worry is trusting God. That sounds simple. Why isn't it always easy then? Monday the Bible was opened up on our green comfy sofa to Philippians 4 which I have underlined and highlighted a lot. I thought David had left it open. So, I thought, "Hmmm, I think I need this." I've been reading it every day this week. On Thursday, I told David that I've been reading those verses and meditating on them since he had left it open to that page. He said, "Oh, I thought you had left it opened to that, so I have been reading it too."


So, now I think I will take the advice I gave Bunny earlier. I think God wants to tell me, "Amber, you have NOTHING to worry about. You are safe in your home (in my arms). You are going to be okay."


God says in His Word..

"Do not worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

- Philipians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool how God does those things.

    ReplyDelete