Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prayers for Michael

We recently found out that one of the children we sponsor through Compassion International is leaving the program. His name is Michael and he is 11 years old. He is from Haiti. He is one of the most inspiring young men we know. In many of the letters we have received from him, we really feel the love of God. We will miss Michael very much. Here is part of one of the letters that we received from him last fall:


"I am so glad to talk to you in this letter. How are you doing? I hope you are very well by God's grace who is all powerful. As for me, I am doing very well by God's grace. I always go to church and pray to God. I pray God to bless you. I do love you so much. After the Bible what kind of books do you like to read? Please pray for me that God can keep me healing."


We were very glad when we found out that Michael and his family survived the earthquake in Port-au-Prince, where they lived at the time. I am not sure where they live now. We received a call recently from a Compassion employee recently to inform us that Michael will be leaving the Compassion program and that we could write him a final letter.


So we wrote him a letter, made him a card and a bookmark and we mailed it last week. Please pray for Michael and his family. Please pray he will stay close to God, as he often asks prayer for this. He also continually asks prayers for healing. So, please pray for healing for him and his family. Thank you.


Here is a picture of the front of the card we made.

Here is the inside of the card we made for Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment