Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rainbow of Promise


David and I were driving home after visiting his parents last Sunday evening. We noticed the sky looked very stormy. We turned a corner and "Wow!", there was a beautiful rainbow across the sky, from one side to the other. It was awesome and brilliant! One end of the rainbow, from our view, ended on the very top of a church in Omaha called St. Wenceslaus Church.


It reminded me of God. It reminded me of His promise to never flood the whole earth again like He did during Noah's time.


"Then God told Noah and his sons, 'I am making a covenant with you and your descendants, and with the animals you brought with you - all these birds and livestock and wild animals. I solemnly promise never to send another flood to kill all living creatures and destroy the earth.' And God said, ' I am giving you a sign as evidence of my eternal covenant with you and all living creatures. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth.'" - Genesis 9:8-13



The above picture is one end of the rainbow.

...middle of the rainbow...

and the other end of the rainbow. :)


And here's the other side of the sky. I believe this was facing west where the sun was setting.


This beautiful rainbow also reminded me of the power of God and many of His awesome promises. God's Word is truth. God's Word is powerful. God never lies. What a wonderful savior we have!


"This truth gives them confidence that they have eternal life, which God--who does not lie--promised them before the world began." - Titus 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment