Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Big Snowball of Gratitude

I was resting today and pondering things I am thankful for and cool things that have happened in the past month. Before that though, I had been feeling way more on the negative side.


During my time of rest this evening, God nudged me to think of 10 things I am thankful for. Gratitude seems to have a snowball effect. I first thought of a few. Then, I thought of more. Then, several minutes later I was thinking of more and more.


Here are some of the things I thought of and am still thinking of:


~ So thankful for David's health, and my health.


~ David's beautiful, healing music.


~ It has been one month today that David and I have been working from home together and I am thankful that we work so well together. If/when we do get into a disagreement or conflict we are good at resolving it right away. Thanks God, for your help with this!


~ I am so thankful for a husband who obeys what God calls him to do, even when he has to leave everything the world says is security (job, retirement, health insurance). I am so proud of David and thankful for him.


~ I had this thought: God must be up to something through facing Goliath, that He would call us 2 1/2 years ago to raise support, me to leave my job, and my husband to leave his. Wow! And good thing He only tells us a little bit at a time. I don't know if we would have believed him 2 1/2 years ago if He would have all of a sudden said that we would both leave our jobs and be doing ministry full time in 2 1/2 years.


~ I am so thankful to be studying Colossians with others at Heartland Church. I am excited about the challenge of memorizing the book in one year! Mostly excited to have God's Truth sinking deep in my heart.


~ Also thankful to be studying Proverbs with my friends Christa and Lian. A few years ago, I began studying Proverbs at the beginning of each year. Great life lessons and Truths on so many things. And I love that I am studying it with friends this year. Friends sharpen friends!


~ So thankful that we had a house showing yesterday evening. Now our house is super clean! And I love working from a clean house.


~ While cleaning the house yesterday, David found a card in the basement that he had bought years ago that he saved for his wife (this was before we met). He gave me the card yesterday. I felt like God had him find it at the perfect time. Reminds me that God is in control and I need to always trust His timing for things.


~ The opportunity for David to lead the chapel service at the Open Door Mission a couple of weeks ago.


~ A letter & donation that arrived in the mail today from a family member who was inspired by the support letter we sent. It was the second inspiring letter we received from family. We hung them up in our kitchen. I love encouraging letters!


~ Singing a praise song to God today with David in our kitchen. :)


~ The 10 day forecast said it is supposed to be really nice next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sunny and mid 30's!


~ Had a super fun time at David's show on Tuesday night with Amy Schmidt and Orion Walsh! And thankful for the great turn out.


~ So thankful to have people being supportive of our ministry, through encouraging words, through prayer, and/or financial support.


~ God told us several times at the beginning of this month to be generous. We had so much fun with this because David and I both love to give. We have had several opportunities this month to help people and be a blessing to them. I am thankful to be able to be generous.


~ Although we are only at a small percentage of our financial need for our ministry, we are so thankful for the financial support that is coming in! It means so much to us to have support from others who we care about.


~ Having people tell us recently that our story is inspiring!


~ Looking forward to going to my mom's house on Sunday afternoon to celebrate her birthday!


Thank you, God! Thank you for disciplining me to think of things I am thankful for. I am filled with so much joy because of you! You always know exactly what I need. I am so thankful for you, God!


1 comment:

  1. Amber ... I loved to read your thankful list, and to hear what has been going on recently for you! So much to be thankful for in the midst of your transitions and changes recently!

    I have been writing out a thankful list each Monday and linking up to "A Holy Experience" blog ... if you have time, check out my last post (this past Monday) and go to the links included about a new book just released ... "One Thousand Gifts" ... I think you would love that book!

    Love and prayers for you ...

    ReplyDelete