Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lord, do You want me to be baptized again?


I'm feeling so thankful and blessed today.  Thankful that God does not ignore us when we cry out to Him, He answers through His Word and His amazing Holy Spirit. Praise God!  I pray you are blessed somehow by this little testimony of God's grace…

I grew up believing in God but it wasn't until I was 24 (in spring of 1999) when I cried out to God for help with all my heart.  My panic attacks and fear led me to the Lord in some ways, but then again it was only HIS AMAZING GRACE. His peace came over me and I felt His presence and my eyes filled with tears. God led me to the cross of Jesus Christ and I finally realized what my own sin had done to Him and at the same time realized He did it because of His deep love for me - to save me from my sin and death. I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord in 1999 and what an amazing thing. His love overwhelmed me and I begin to transform (in some ways) almost right away. One of these ways was FINALLY loving myself the way God made me, including my naturally wavy hair.  It was so FREEING to just let my hair be natural instead of spending an hour straightening it every single day. ;)

God's joy, peace and love filled my heart. I loved God and loved reading His Word. He began to heal my heart and my panic attacks almost completely went away for quite some time.  As a follower of Jesus, I longed to obey Him and I was baptized in December 2010. Acts 2:38a says "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins". 

Here's God's amazing promise to everyone in Romans 10:9 "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." God's grace came upon me in 1999, and I trusted in Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, and I received His precious gift of Salvation. Just as much as God commands us to love one another, and forgive each other, His Word calls us to repent and be baptized. Jesus, God's perfect Son, was baptized I believe around the age of 30, at the beginning of His ministry. I think of Baptism as an outward symbol of a person's life who has been "Saved by God's grace". We are only saved because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross for us, we are not saved by our "good works". Glory to God!

I fell away from the Lord for a couple of years beginning in the year 2001. It was the DARKEST time in my life. I began to live "in the world" again, which is really hard to do. It would take too long to explain what happened… so I will focus on the good. In the fall of 2003, I cried out to God and told Him "I miss you". I sat there and couldn't even think of one good thing about myself. Praise God! The Holy Spirit drew me back to my Heavenly Father. I began to set my alarm a half hour early to have time in prayer and time in the Bible - God's Holy Word. 

Since then, fall of 2003, I've learned the more I obey God, spend time with Him and in fellowship with other Believers, the more blessed and peaceful life is. I've learned the power of His Word, our only offensive weapon in our Spiritual Armor. When I am attacked with a lie or anything negative which probably happens almost daily, I try to fight it with God's Truth in His Word.  God has transformed me to no longer live "in the world". I'm living, knowing I will live ETERNALLY with Him, to do His will and to be a vessel of His love and grace for others. 

I have often wondered and even asked others "Should I get baptized again?" since I had totally fallen away from God and was living in sin and darkness for 2 years. Everyone I asked said "No you don't need to get re-Baptized". So I just went along with what "made sense" or what others said. FINALLY, I asked God (which is probably what I should have done in the first place). Not caring about what others thought, and ready to accept any answer He gave me. I cried out to the Lord last Saturday asking Him if I should get baptized. Then…

Early Sunday morning, around 5am, when I first opened my bible for a Word from the Lord. I opened right to page 1750, and my eye went right to the only underlined words on the page which is Acts 22:14-16, "The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and hear Him speak. You are to take His message everywhere, telling the whole world what you have seen and heard. And now why delay? Get up and be baptized, and have your sins washed away, calling on the name of the Lord"

Three days later, which was yesterday, I was baptized at East Side Christian Church during their youth group. I shared my testimony with the Youth, made my confession of faith in front of the Church, and was dunked fully under water by my dear Husband, David. God also set it up so that David and I have the same baptism Month and Day - November 12th. I knew David's Baptism was around this time of the year in 2006, but had no idea it was the same month/day until I decided I wanted to get baptized then. When I looked up David's baptism date, I was like "Wow! That's interesting!"

Here are some POWERFUL bible verses on "Salvation" to know more about what God says:
http://www.godvine.com/bible/category/salvation




Thank you, Father, that You never ignore me when I cry out to You. Thank you for sending Jesus to die for my sins so that I could have eternal life. Wow, Your grace always amazes me, Lord. And thank You for doing cute things like giving me and my husband the same baptism date. 

4 comments:

  1. WOW. That is all I can say! Jesus is so amazing, and I absolutely loved reading your super cool inspiring testimony! Amber, I really look up to you spiritually. You are so encouraging to me! Thank you so much. Congrats on your baptism, and keep on persevering for the Lord. Love you sister! I also love the way that Jesus works!!! Praise Him always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Kelsey, THANK YOU for your encouraging comment. Your words mean a lot to me. I love you, my little sister-in-Christ. And I thank and praise God for what He is doing in YOUR life.. for His Kingdom - going on a mission trip to Africa at such a young age. Wow! I'm so excited for you and God's plans for you in continuing to live for His Kingdom. He is molding your heart to His at a young age. Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally getting over here to leave a comment...I read this initially, but today God's led me back. Thank you for sharing your heart Amber and giving us a glimpse of what God is doing. It's always encouraging to see how He's working! I am a numbers person who loves dates...the connection there for you and your husband is pretty neat. God cares about all the details!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment, dear Jill! :) God is SO good and yes, so caring! I am still amazed at the same date. May the Lord continue to bless and expand your ministry!

    ReplyDelete