Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Lord Is Everything We Need

Hi Friends! It is a joy to share with you some awesome promises from God's Word today. Also, it's on my heart to share a mini testimony of something God has been teaching me. As you read through these verses may the Lord bless you and fill your heart and mind with His amazing peace, knowing that He is your Shepherd through whatever you are going through, and He is everything you need.

"The LORD is my Shepherd; I have everything I need". ~ Psalm 23:1

"I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him. 
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken." ~ Psalm 62:5-6
 
"O my people, trust in Him at all times, 
pour out your heart to Him, 
for God is our refuge." ~ Psalm 62:8
 
"I desire You (LORD) more than anything on earth". ~ Psalm 73:25b
 
"Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself; 
how I praise You!
I will honor You as long as I live, 
lifting up my hands to You in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest of foods. 
I will praise You with songs of joy.
I lie awake thinking of You, 
meditating on You through the night.
I think how much You have helped me;
I sing for joy in the shadow of your protecting wings.
I follow close behind You;
Your strong right hand holds me securely". ~ Psalm 63:3-8


When I went to bed last night I prayed something like "Lord wake me up early if you want me to write an article or blog". My alarm was set for 4:00am. I woke up and looked at the clock and it was exactly 2:30am. I got up and as I spent time with God in the prayer room (a.k.a. tiny laundry room). The above verses are the ones He led me to read this morning and share. His Word is so fulfilling. 

Then, I wrote in my journal, "Do I truly only desire You, Lord? I mean do I desire You more than anything? Yes, I love spending time with You, but is my heart and mind always believing that You are my number one desire? Lord, help me believe that and write an article through me that will help others believe that. Help us to believe that You are our Shepherd and You are everything we need". 

So here's a little testimony: I used to be religious and judgmental. I believed in God and said religious prayers before bed, yet I didn't know that I was in need of a Savior and Lord of my life. I hadn't truly experienced the cross of Jesus Christ, realizing what my sin had done to Him and receiving His deep love for me, knowing that He died for me. I cried out to God with all my heart and trusted in Jesus Christ as my Savior in 1999, repented of sin, and longed to follow Him. I was born into a new life. That's also when I finally stopped straightening my hair every single day because I loved the natural beauty God created. 
The freedom, joy and peace I felt was so awesome. I remember wanting to share it with the world. I began talking to homeless people on the street about God's love for them and asking if they were hungry, and if so take them out to eat. I was so glad to finally know what they needed (what we all need). The Lord. Not money. Praise God for this truth. When we have the LORD, He promises to provide for all of our needs. 

Early in my walk with Jesus, I was living without truly believing there was an enemy who was not happy I chose to live as a follower of Christ. I slowly fell away from the Lord for a couple of years. Those were the hardest times of my life. I disobeyed God and was living in sin and darkness. I thank God for rescuing me from the enemies lies. I thank God that He continues to sanctify me and free me in ways I didn't even know I needed more freedom.  He continues to reveal to me that He is all I need, and that I need to trust Him more and thank Him more.

By His grace and mercy, the Lord has delivered from man made religion and into a personal relationship with Him. He has transformed me from thinking one denomination is the best into believing with all my heart that He and only He is the best. God has changed my old prickly heart to have a love and compassion for all people. Wow! His grace is so amazing. I needed help. I will always need His grace, mercy, and help. Praise God!

Just over 2 years ago, in March of 2013, I told some people (who asked what I wanted or needed for my Birthday) that I only wanted more of God.  Actually to my mom I said "Actually I also need more time". The year I only wanted more of God for my birthday (and time), God blessed me abundantly. The day after my birthday, someone at my workplace told me about a job in a different department. I almost threw the blessing back at God (I wonder how often I do that). I liked my current job and didn't have plans for a new job. Then, a day later, I realized I should pray about it and tell my husband. Well, I ended up applying for and getting the job and it has been one of the greatest blessings from God. He always knows what's best.  I need to remind myself to pray about everything, not just assume or make up my own mind. 

This year as it got close to my birthday (in March) I told my husband I only wanted prayer, nothing else. It sounds kind of silly to say "only prayer" as if that's a small thing. Well, it ended up being possibly the best day of my life thus far. It was my 40th birthday. And since then, it's even gotten better.  It seems like the Lord pours out abundant blessings when I only desire more of Him and more prayer. It amazes my heart that He loves us so much and longs to bless us. He gives us more of Him but also things that we don't even realize we need. 

So what is it that you are desiring? I am praying for you (and me) that we come to know the Lord as Almighty God and Father, and giver of good gifts. And mostly that you (and me) realize He is the gift. His Word is true and His Word says "He is our Shepherd and He is everything we need" and "He is our heart's deepest desire". 

My birthday gift from my mom in 2013. A devotional and "Thyme saved in a bottle". :o)
 
 
Father God, help us to pour out our hearts to You, trust You at all time, and know You as our refuge. May we truly believe with all of our heart, mind, and soul that You are everything we need. May we desire You more than anything on earth. May we praise You with songs of joy and know You as our Protector. May we follow You closely, and know that You satisfy us more than anything possibly could. Thank You Lord! Your unfailing love is better than life itself. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Amber! Such a great way to start my day! Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging note, Trinity! God bless you, friend.

    ReplyDelete