Tuesday, May 5, 2015

No worries… Just PRAY. :)

Do you ever worry about anything? If so, I can relate. I used to be a big time worrier, which also led to anxiety, depression, insomnia, and panic attacks. My insomnia, at it's worst, kept me awake for over a week straight. I think much of my past anxieties stemmed from me worrying about my life. By God's grace and the power of His Word, and prayer, I have been healed greatly of worrying. Glory to God! Yet, since we do have an enemy who attacks, I can find myself worrying at times still.

Recently, I was attacked with worry to the point of having insomnia almost a full night. And guess what? The Lord led me to the perfect Bible verse; and not to just read it but to apply it ~ each and every word.  I see God's faithfulness and how He always meets us right where we are at and gives us what we need. Especially when we cry out to Him and ask Him for help. He is so good! I'm praying this helps you, too. Here is the verse He led me to:

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus".  ~ Philippians 4:6-7


I love how God's Word it says "Don't worry about ANYTHING". It doesn't say "Don't worry about the big things" or "Don't worry about most things".  And it doesn't just stop there, it guides us to what to do INSTEAD of worrying - "pray about EVERYTHING". I LOVE how it says "everything", not "the important things" or "Some things".  It also says to "tell God what we need" and "thank Him for all He has done". Even though God knows what we need, He desires relationship with us, and He wants us to tell Him.  And thanking Him for what He has done, puts joy in our hearts and reminds us of how faithful He has been. 

So, I realized because I was worrying I needed to talk to God more, even cry out to Him about everything I was worried about.   I've been trying to do what the verse says and the moment a worry comes to my mind, I talk to the Lord. Ask Him for help. (I'm actually asking Him for help right now as I type this ;) ) I've been telling Him what I need, even though He already knows.  And I began to thank Him for all He has already done and is doing that I cannot even see. And just like His Word says, His peace has washed over me. 

And as we cry out to the Lord with all of our hearts, He leads us to what we need. He guides us step by step. Cast your cares on Him, He truly cares. He not only loves you, He CARES.  Your every worry. He cares and He has answers. Lets try to remember to talk to Him about everything~ even the small things, and most definitely the big things and medium things. Let's give Him control.  Let's fight the enemies attacks with the Word of God. Let's praise and thank Him more for all He has done and is yet to do. I'm praying the Lord teaches us to turn our worries into prayers and to experience Him and His caring heart towards each of us in incredible ways. 


LORD, thank you so much for teaching us to not worry about ANYTHING, and instead to pray about EVERYTHING. Help us do this, Lord. We need You so much. The moment we are attacked with worry, doubt, or fear please remind us to cry out to You and to pray about the situation. May we tell You what we need and thank You Father God for all You have done. Thank You for Your promise that as we do this, Your peace will guard our hearts and minds as we live in Christ Jesus. 




If you would like to share a prayer request or testimony of God's goodness, please share in the comments. We can all encourage each other and pray for each other. Thanks, and be blessed! 

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amber. This speaks to my heart. I am going to send this to a friend at work; Barb Romans as she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I pray it will speak to her and I pray for others to stand with us in prayer for complete healing in her body, mind and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail, thanks for your sweet comment and for sharing this with your friend. Yes, I will be praying for your dear friend Barb. May the Lord pour out His comforting love and bring her hope and healing in Jesus' name. Amen! *As I was typing this I thought of my blogger friend Whitney who has stage 4 cancer and writes on an inspiring blog. I think Barb will be blessed by Whitney's blog that is a powerful testimony:
    http://whitneycox.thislittlelightofmine.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amber. Very encouraging sharing on worries and the prayer and trust in the promises of God in regards to our worries. I am in the Pastoral ministry from Mumbai, India and have been in the ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you and your husband come to Mumbai to work with us amongst poor and the homeless people in the slums of Mumbai. I will also be so glad to see young people as well adults from your freinds circle come to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to the States in the month of August and will be so glad to stop by your town / city and meet you and explore further possibilities.. My eamail id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you and your family as you work for the poor and homeless people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pastor Diwakar, my husband and I are blessed by your kind message. We appreciate your boldness for Christ and your love for the poorest of the poor. God bless your ministry and work for God's Kingdom and glory. I think the Lord is calling more of His people to be a vessel of His love for the poor. David and I serve the homeless (poor) in our regional area, yet our poor still have the option of homeless shelters with meals if they choose. So we thank you for your blessing for our ministry and we are humbled. This morning (along with a group of other Believers) we prayed for you, your ministry and those you serve. God bless your ministry!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Amber. Very encouraging sharing on worries and the prayer and trust in the promises of God in regards to our worries. I am in the Pastoral ministry from Mumbai, India and have been in the ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you and your husband come to Mumbai to work with us amongst poor and the homeless people in the slums of Mumbai. I will also be so glad to see young people as well adults from your freinds circle come to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to the States in the month of August and will be so glad to stop by your town / city and meet you and explore further possibilities.. My eamail id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you and your family as you work for the poor and homeless people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pastor Diwakar, for some reason your message posted two times. So we responded to your message in the 1st one. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Hi Amber,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment! I popped over to your online home and yes, I can so relate to worrying and not being able to sleep! It's so true that if I fill my mind with scripture my heart becomes calmer -- praying God's words back to him is so peaceful. I'm glad to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, it's so sweet of you to stop by my page and leave a comment. I found your website through my friend/mentor Cherry Warrick (Pursuing Heart). My husband and I went to the same church as her and her husband for many years.
      Praise God for His healing Word and peace from Him! Take care, and God bless you friend!

      Delete
  6. Such a good reminder on this worry thing. Handing over the struggle is a "must do". God's shoulders are big and he can certainly carry the load. But better yet—we get to spend time with Him as we exchange our worry for His joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Patty, thank you for your sweet comment. I love your wise words and Yes, you are right - He can certainly carry our load. Praise God for that! May we learn to exchange our worry for His joy. Love it! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, "...in everything with prayer, petition, and thanksgiving let your requests be known unto God..." one of my favorite verses. I love this whole chapter of Philippians. I might have to make it a goal this summer to memorize it. I think we all get the affliction of worry form time to time and have to be reminded of what you reminded us of today. Many thanks.
    Grateful to you for visiting my site today. Hope you'll come back. Glad you invited me over to yours. I've been blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Christy~ your words mean a lot to me. :) It's such a joy to be used by God and humbling at the same time. Thanks for reading and taking time to comment. I'm on Proverbs31.org lately quite a bit as their ministry is such a blessing. It's neat how their ministry connects women with each other. God bless you, sweet friend. I'm sure we'll be running into each other again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Amber for your words and for allowing God to use you to speak to me and to so many others thru your blog and your ministry. I can relate to the worrying and the anxiety and the depression...oh that enemy is good! Any opportunity he will use but he also knows first hand how great our God is!! ...we can do all things thru Christ who gives us strength...
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I love that reminder that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Thanks for stopping by and your encouraging comment, Cheri. Was glad to find your inspiring blog through Proverbs31. Be blessed, Friend! . :)

      Delete