Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Healing Rain Washing Away Our Fears

May the deep love of Almighty God meet you in your deepest fears. May His gentle grace bring you so much comfort in His love for you that you are in awe and in tears.  Healing tears of deep joy.  May His perfect love cast out your fears, in Jesus’ precious name. 

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves 
punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18

The Lord’s love has overwhelmed me to healing tears recently.  Not just the tears where my eyes well up, or a few tears fall down my face and my nose runs~ that happens quite regularly with me. But the kind of tears where I am sobbing like a little child, the kind with almost uncontrollable, gasping breaths. 

Sometimes our fears have deep roots, like fears we’ve struggled with for decades. The lies of the enemy have bombarded our minds. But because we have a Father who loves us so much, we are being healed and freed and redeemed from our fears.  Not just some of them, but all of them. As we renew our minds with the word of God and keep proclaiming His promises, we will see Him use us in ways that we used to say “I could never do that”.  We may not be able to do things on our own, but if we humble ourselves before Him and say “Use me, God. I am your servant”, He will do amazing things for His glory. 

I wept this summer reading a children’s book. (I spoke of that in my previous post). It’s been quite some time, maybe years, since I’ve wept that hard. It was a good cry though, the kind where I feel SO loved by God that I almost can’t believe how much He cares for the details of my life. :)

For me, one of my deepest fears is attention on me when I’m talking in groups. I’ve had this since elementary school.  I sometimes get panicky and sometimes get red on my neck and cheeks.  I used to have bad panic attacks and get super red and racing thoughts. So the book that healed me much, had these cute little characters and they have rosy red cheeks, and it looks cute. That is what made me weep like a baby. That and the words that touched the deepest place of my soul.

On the back of this book I'm referring to, It Will Be Okay by Lysa Terkeurst, it says, "It really will be Okay. Growing up brings change (whether we like it or not). Change can trigger fears that are sometimes real and sometimes imagined. How do kids learn early on that in the midst of these uncomfortable times, they don't need to be afraid?  Little Seed and Little Fox are facing fears, changes, and brand-new things. And they don't like it one bit! Through this unlikely friendship, children can identify with the main characters and will: Discover that God is always with them as they overcome new or scary circumstances. Replace doubtful thoughts about God's plan as they learn to trust Him through change. Build their relationship with God by introducing them to the scripturally based characteristics of who God is. It Will Be Okay will show your child that in the end, it really will be okay because we all have a God who is good and kind and always watching over us". 

The Lord understands our pain and our fears, even when it seems like nobody else could possibly understand. And He deeply cares and comforts us, through His Word, His Holy Spirit and other people. And He is with us and never leaves us. He is our Shepherd, our Healer. 

It’s been really awesome to follow the Lord’s gentle nudging, even when I'm afraid.  It has been freeing to face my fears and obey the Lord on things He is calling me to do.  And it’s been absolutely breathtaking to me that God is in the process of redeeming one of my greatest fears. Casting it out completely with His unfailing love.
 
“I sought the Lord, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears."  ~ Psalm 34:4
 
Isn't it amazing that we have a Heavenly Father Who is longs to set us free from ALL of our fears?  Not some, not most, but ALL. Dear friend, I hope joy fills your heart, thinking of how the Lord wants to take your hand and walk with you through your fears and heal you.  Delivering you and setting you free.  I'm praying for you right now that His healing rain will wash away your fears and bring deep healing in Jesus' name. 


Dear Father, we love the way You love us! You are so personal and You care so much. We thank You so much that You long to free us from every single fear.   Thank You for how Your love is like healing rain washing over us.  Thank You that You will never leave us. You walk with us and are by our side every step of the way.  You are closer than the breath we breathe.  You live IN us and want to do Your Kingdom work through us.  May people be drawn to YOU through us, in Jesus’ name. Amen!! 


This song "No Longer Slaves" has greatly ministered to my heart recently.  May it bless you, Friend! It's POWERFUL. :)

"No Longer Slaves" by Jonathan & Melissa Helser

You unravel me, with a melody
You surround me with a song
Of deliverance, from my enemies
Till all my fears are gone

I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God
I'm no longer a slave to fear
I am a child of God

From my mothers womb
You have chosen me
Love has called my name
I've been born again, into your family
Your blood flows through my veins

I am surrounded
By the arms of the father
I am surrounded
By songs of deliverance
We've been liberated
From our bondage
We’re the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom

You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
All my fears were drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
So I could stand and sing
I am a child of God
I am a Child of God

5 comments:

  1. Hey Amber, thank you for this post, truly an answer to prayer. Just this morning grief was hitting hard, still struggle to believe my niece is really gone. Anyway I found myself praying and telling God, "I just need someone to tell me it's going to be OK." I read these words and God answered my prayer through you. We have this book...my little kids love it!! I appreciated the message as well, but hadn't thought about how it speaks to the situation I'm currently in. And the song, we sang this a few times at SS...needed the reminder it brings as well. Blessings to you my friend! May we keep fighting the fear and let God wash it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jill, it blessed my heart to know how my post was an answer to your prayer. This little book by Lysa is such a powerful book. Sometimes, I think it's in our weakest state that children's books can have such a healing impact on us. I can't imagine the pain of the sudden loss of your niece. May the Lord wrap you in His arms and continue to pour out His healing love and grace over your entire family.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So blessed to read this, Amber - and to hear how God is helping you. And the words of that song ... so beautiful, and perfect for what you wrote about. Thanks for your honest, and thanks for sharing your heart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cherry, you are such an encouragement and blessing to me. Thanks for your kind words. Glory to God! His love is SO healing! :)

      Delete