Thursday, September 17, 2015

Pure Radiant Joy

Recently, in the last several months, God has been gently uprooting my biggest fears, pride and so many other things to help me shine more brightly for His Kingdom and glory.

I've prayed for years for God to use me and my testimony for His glory.  I used to be one of the most insecure women in the world~ running to many other things other than God. And been in some really low places. I repented of this, turned back to God, and beginning spending morning time in His Word and prayer daily. And year after year, I change and grow. I learn that walking in obedience to Him is so rewarding. Being with Him in my morning time each day is so fulfilling. 

At times when I see people believing the lies that I used to, I began to weep and beg God to use me. Part of my problem is that I don’t like attention on me, so I often don’t speak up (maybe that’s why I like to write).  As I have recently been surrendering my fears to God and asking Him to use me, it has been on my heart to create a new website that shares stories of healing, freedom and Truth from God’s Word and personal testimonies to help women heal.  Lord willing, it will be a Christ-centered website for women that focuses on 3 things:

1) Pure Hearts
2) Radiant Beauty
3) Eternal Joy

Pure Hearts ~ Seek to please the Lord and walk in obedience to Him.  Loving everyone, forgiving, and not have roots of bitterness. To not allow a hint of lust to enter our minds.  Be healed and free from all the lies the world tells us.  Dress feminine and modest. 

Radiant Beauty ~ With Christ living in us, we shine with the beauty of the Lord.  Know that we are wonderfully made and so beautiful to our Maker. Healed of all lies of body image. Believe that our gray (or white) hair is our crown of glory. Have a gentle, peaceful spirit.  Shine brightly for Him. 

Eternal Joy ~ Be filled with joy knowing how loved you are by the Lord. Give thanks in all things knowing this is God's will for those who belong to Christ Jesus.  Know God works all things for good for those who love Him.  Live for eternity, not for the world. Believing all God's promises are for you. Serving God and being a vessel of His love to others is one of the greatest joys.

Those are just a few ideas so far.  I praise God that He has already provided other women who want to help with it, sharing their testimonies and stories of God's redeeming work in their lives.

So eventually I plan to be blogging on that new website, but I'm not sure when it will be up, it could be many months to even have a basic website up.  My husband and I have a homeless ministry the Lord called us to, and I work at Gallup, so I only have a few hours a week on a regular week to work on this.  I plan to take a week off of work in November to work on writing and/or website stuff. 

Dear friend, will you take a moment to pray? I would so love your prayers for:

~ God's will in this website, that He will be so glorified and bring it all together in the perfect timing.
~ God's will in writing a book and/or coauthoring, and that His Living Water will flow through my writing.
~ To set my mind on Christ, and not think of my fears or myself. Attack fear with God's Word.
~ To be uprooted of all ungodly fear and pride and to only have godly motives. 
~ For the Lord to bring women who would be blessed to hear this message through this website/testimonies.
~ God's blessing for our homeless music ministry, facingGoliath.
~ To be disciplined with time to use it wisely and productively for God's Kingdom.

Your prayers mean so much! If you think of me in your daily prayer time, I'd love to have your prayers for God to use this ministry to bring healing to many women.  I pray for you as well.  May the Lord's favor and grace be with you. :)


P.S. So, I will be breaking from posting on here, as I put my writing focus on this new direction. I will let you know when the new website is up. Please keep me in your prayers. I appreciate you so much! :)


Here's a new song that has been speaking to me. JJ Heller "Sound of a Living Heart". Blessings! :)

10 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and it really blessed me this morning! It totally resonated with where I am .. Family,Working, serving, wanting most to write and share Christ! Praying for you!! Blessings, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, :) Thanks so much for your comment and for your prayers. It means so much to me. It's so nice to meet you online. God is so good how He joins hearts and like-minded sisters in the Lord. A book that I've been reading again that is helping me make good use of my time that I want to recommend to you is called "the Best Yes" by Lysa Terkeurst. Hope to get to know you better. Praying for you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Hello Amber Paulsen. So good to know you through your profile on the bloogger and the blog post. I am blessed to get connected with you becaue of the ministry you do amongst the poor and the homeless. I am from MUMBAI, INDIA and have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrst where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poo riwht the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. we reachout to the poorst of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vactaion time. We would love to have connection with you and see how we can partner with each other. We would also love to have you come and minister to the needs of poorest of poor people in the slums of Mumbai. Recently a couple of weeks back I was in the United States and would have been so glad to meet you and know more about your ministry and also share with you about our ministry. God willing if I happen to come to the United States I certainly will be so happy to visit you and share about out ministry to the poorest of poor. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you your family and the ministry. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Diwakar! May God's grace and favor be with you and your ministry. Praise God for your work for His Kingdom and the people He dearly loves - the poorest of the poor! May the Lord's heart of compassion and joy continue to flow abundantly through you and your team, and touch many thousands upon thousands with the love of Christ. I forwarded your email address to my husband and he will email you. We added you to our prayer list a few months ago, when we first met you online. You have been in our prayers, fellow brother in Christ. We look forward to seeing any way the Lord wants us to work together for His Kingdom and glory. :)

      Delete
  3. Amber, what a neat idea! Praying lots of blessings on your new project.
    Jenni @ Genuflected.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni, Thanks so much for your prayers! You're a blessing. I'm praying blessings over your ministry as well. :) I just checked out your website - LOVE it! Love the theme "friendship, community and prayer". :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Amber, Just had to tell you, I am just getting back here and seeing your comment, but love, love that recommendation book...I started it this summer! Only tricky thing is we moved and I have to find it...haha! That's a whole other story in itself but the Lord will bring it back around! And thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope the writing is going well! Praying!Thanks again! Blessings, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool, Suzanne! I'm praying that you find your book. :) One key thing that the book helped me with is to make sure you put writing on the calendar and don't let anything get in the way. It blesses me to know that you are praying for my writing. You are so sweet! Blessings back to you.

      Delete
  5. Hello sister Amber Paulsen. After my post on your blog in the month of September 2015, I did not follow your blog post but today the Lord brought me back to your blog post. Though there is no fresh post on your blog but I was blessed to read your response to my post. Thank you so much for taking time to respond to my comment. I have not heard from David as yet and I would love to hear from him. God willing I will be coming back to States in the month of May/ June 2016 and will be so glad to visit your place if you are there during May and June 2016. Looking forward to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello sister Amber Paulsen. After my post on your blog in the month of September 2015, I did not follow your blog post but today the Lord brought me back to your blog post. Though there is no fresh post on your blog but I was blessed to read your response to my post. Thank you so much for taking time to respond to my comment. I have not heard from David as yet and I would love to hear from him. God willing I will be coming back to States in the month of May/ June 2016 and will be so glad to visit your place if you are there during May and June 2016. Looking forward to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete