Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Time of Growing Deeper Roots

An Update. 


It’s been on my heart to write to you an update to thank you so much for your prayers.  One of my prayer requests was for a book project I was working on.  I took a week off work in November and during that week, I wrote a VERY rough draft of a book.  I appreciate your prayers so much. Thank you! :)

December was very busy with work, ministry and December type stuff.  At the beginning of January, I had unexpected health issues.  It was an extremely difficult time and I thank the Lord for continuing to bring us through it.  I am thankful for His continued grace, love and mercy and I am thankful for the prayers and help and support we have been given from family, friends, and the Church.

This experience also has brought me to a new place in life.  I am resting, healing, and growing deeper roots in God’s Truth. I have much to learn.

I am thankful the book wasn’t published.

I see things through a new lens. God has humbled me more.

My focus isn’t a book or website right now. I am not sure if it is in the future either.

My husband, David, and I seek to focus on those put in front of us.  We have the amazing opportunity to serve many homeless at shelters each month.  I hope to grow deeper, heal in Christ and serve those whom God puts in our path.

Sometimes it is still very difficult, but this is also a great time of trusting in the Lord, following Him, and growing stronger in Him.

Thank you again for your prayers.  We love you.
God will use this for His glory.

God bless you!


Amber Paulsen



This is a beautiful song my husband, David wrote called "All The Colors". He wrote it while we were going through one of the hardest times of my health struggle, in January. I pray it blesses you. 

2 comments:

  1. Great to read an update from you here Amber!! God has His ways to guide us and put things in perspective. Asking Him to continue to make His path clear!! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jill! You're such a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete